Wednesday 16 November 2016

AFCB need Dan Gosling's goals

I am a big Dan Gosling fan and, while Eddie Howe also says he is a big fan of Dan, I wonder whether it will stretch far enough for the midfielder to retain his starting place come the Stoke City game. Dan has not had enough playing time in my mind and that is because Andrew Surman has been the player that Eddie Howe seems unable to drop unless he is injured.
Dan deserves a run in the team for me.
While that might sound hard on Andrew Surman who is a solid performer for the team, I'd venture that Dan Gosling is more likely to get you a goal and if he is given a few games he will start to impose himself on games just as well as Surman does. I get the feeling that it is somehow reassuring to pick Surman every week and that he is a barometer by which Howe sets the standard for his team. Yet, the stability of the side sometimes needs a slight shake up and I'd be pleased to see Gosling carry on his role, as I don't believe that the two defeats in recent matches are because of his inclusion in the starting line up. Indeed, he scored a good goal against Sunderland and has been an energetic performer in both games.
Advertisement 
The centre of the park is an area where there has been less need for change though than on the wings. I don't see Eddie Howe liking to change the spine of the team that much, but Gosling deserves a run in the team from what I have seen, and if he is scoring goals then I don't see it as a choice that Eddie can really turn down at the moment. 

The question of who to play will be faced by Eddie in the international break when he will assess both players. But Surman may need longer to cover with his hamstring and I don't see an urgent need to rush him back with the form that Gosling and Arter are able to offer currently.

AFCB's U21s give Peterborough a walloping

No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: