Thursday 13 June 2019

Can't wait to see AFCB's fixture list?

I know the fixture list announcement today is going to be eagerly awaited by most AFCB fans. But I have an extra incentive to pay attention as SkySports News has asked me to appear on their channel along with a Brighton and Southampton fan for a few minutes later this afternoon at 2.45pm to discuss Bournemouth's fixture schedule and whether I think, as a fan, that AFCB are in a good position to tackle next season.
A big day for Premier League fans.
Last season AFCB had a favourable start to the season with fixtures and the team started the campaign with playing a promoted club in the first game. Will it be as favourable this time? Would the top teams be more spread out? And what game should we look forward to most?

Well the game I'll look for the first game and then I'll want to know when we play Tottenham away, as they have their new stadium for AFCB fans to go to and visit for the first time. I'm then keen to see when we play the newly promoted teams and the local derbies are, if I can call them that, against Brighton and Southampton. It's only then that I tend to see whether the top six are and when AFCB have their most difficult games.

Advertisement


Further analysis for me will be looking at the away games and when the matches are against the long distance clubs like Newcastle and Burnley. A weekend game at St James' Park is often a highlight, but Old Trafford and Anfield can be special too. Judging whether you can have a long weekend on these match days is always something to ponder, but whatever fixtures come up at this time we all know as fans that many of them will be moved for TV at some point and the best made plans at this stage of the summer just can't be relied on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: