Thursday 5 December 2019

AFC Business Christmas Dinner hits big numbers

Cherry Chimes went along to the AFC Business Christmas Lunch yesterday. It was a packed Champions Top Floor Restaurant with some 150 people attending the meal. The crowd were given a brief overview of how the club had won back many corporate businesses, and small business firms, in the local area since Rob Mitchell had joined the club 11 years ago, and was given the message that club is still listening and trying to see how it can improve and grow the AFC Business community further still.
Local businesses tuck in to their Christmas Lunch 

AFC Business has grown substantially in the last decade
I had an obvious reason for being at the event as it gave me a chance to network with local people in Bournemouth that I don't often get the chance to do living up in Redhill in Surrey. The conversations quickly turned to the prior evening's game and how the team had missed a big three points at Selhurst Park. There were quite a few AFCB supporters among the sponsors and I got the impression that all the businesses want AFCB to do very well, even if they have individual football loyalties elsewhere. I also wanted to meet people to make them aware of my book Eddie Had A Dream, so it was good to distribute some cards and get people talking about the book and Cherry Chimes.

Advertisement
The star of the event was probably Jimmy Glass, the AFCB player's liaison officer, who was in charge of the microphone for the Christmas quiz. Jimmy was on the look out for anyone touching their phone during the quiz, and there were a few that got caught and had to give a rendition of their favourite Christmas carol or song. Luckily my phone didn't go off and I managed to get the odd football question right for my table that finished midway in the quiz.

Advertisement
The winners received tickets to the next AFC Business breakfast event in January, a bottle of bubbly and tickets to the Spurs home game next year. For me it was just helpful to see another side of the football club, and a few faces that I have met before.
Beware Jimmy Glass is looking to pick people out

No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: