Saturday 12 September 2020

No clues on AFCB line-up from JT - so who will he pick?

The big day has arrived. It is the start of a new season even if the fans aren't being let into grounds yet. So the time has come for Jason Tindall to pick his strongest side and while one or two players we can probably rule out, it is a pretty open book as to who will start for AFCB against Blackburn. 

A year ago - Dean Court welcomed Sheffied Utd,
this time it's Blackburn Rovers but with no fans

The keeper's gloves seemed destined to be given to Mark Travers and I hope that is still the case even if Asmir Begovic is available. Asmir has the number one shirt, but I don't see why he should be Tindall's first choice unless he is looking to keep hold of him. Bournemouth needs to start anew and picking players that have been below par in the past might not be sending out the right message, so I hope Travers starts and that Will Dennis is the backup keeper on the bench. Somehow, I expect I'll be disappointed here with JT's decision.

        Advertisement

Moving to the full-back positions I expect Adam Smith to get the right-back place ahead of Jack Stacey, although I would be just as happy if Jack started. Diego Rico also deserves his place on the left for me. Harder is the decision for central defence if Steve Cook is not available, but I believe Cook will make his late fitness test and will captain the side, playing next to Lloyd Kelly. Chris Mepham will probably have to wait a little longer for his chance but if Cook is not ready he'll be starting.

Advertisement

The disappointing thing is that it's not really a departure from Eddie Howe's defence and we know they were not good enough at Premier League level and they are weaker still without Aké. The midfield does look good with Lerma and Lewis Cook my pick for the central positions and Stanislas and Danjuma on the wings. Somehow I reckon David Brooks won't be available and has probably played his last game for AFCB. I'd love to be wrong, but he just hasn't been involved in pre-season and I don't see him starting.

Upfront I'd like to see Sam Surrduge and Dominic Solanke as Bournemouth are at home and should be looking for goals. If these two can get off to a great start, the club really will start to look forward which is what we all want now.

Advertisement

With some of the players doing so well at West Ham last weekend, I'd hope that Nnamdi Ofoborh, Jordan Zemura, Jaidon Anthony and Gavin Kilkenny are in and around the squad. JT is likely to have experience though on the bench with Marc Pugh, Philip Billing and Dan Gosling.

Suggested line up for AFCB v Blackburn Rovers

AFCB Subs: Dennis, Stacey, Mepham, Gosling, Billing, Pugh, Anthony

AFCBTV Preview

No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: