Saturday 19 September 2020

The Disrupted Season (2019-20) paperback released

Today you will see that a paperback version of my latest writings on AFC Bournemouth has been released. The paperback book differs in only one respect compared to the ebook version in that instead of having match stat details in the final chapter, the print version has a player index instead. You'll also find that there is also a price difference. Try as I might to get the price down, the print costs mean that the paperback has been released at £11.49.

The Disrupted Season (2019-20) paperback is now available to buy for £11.49
Click here to purchase

The book carries on from my first Book - Eddie Had a Dream which is still available to buy. Just like my first book, 15 per cent of the author's earnings go to Julia's House Children's Charity which I am pleased to support again. I had been hoping for some help myself with AFC Bournemouth managing to escape the drop last season, but it wasn't to be. Still, the 2019-20 season was one of the most unusual of seasons for all the Premier League teams and Bournemouth's story was one of the craziest having got off to a reasonably good start that saw them in third place after the first few games.

The book begins with a look at the pre-season in the summer and the transfers that did and didn't happen and the many departures. I am still asking myself whether it was the best of decisions to let Lys Mousset go to Sheffield United when he could have perhaps made the difference for Bournemouth in a few matches. We'll never know now. I am sure that Eddie Howe would like to have done a few things differently, but there were reasons for his decisions which I try to look at.

I found the book easy to break up month by month for chapters as I was just covering the one season and I add in some of my exploits as a blogger in visiting Talk Sport studios in London, experiencing a night with Harry Redknapp and even a surprise meeting with Sylvain Distin.

While I had expected to complete writing the book in May with the end of the scheduled season I had to carry on writing not July with the extended season. Even when there were no football matches it didn't slow discussion around the game and Project Restart provided a dramatic end to the season. Going down to the last game I always felt that AFCB might save themselves, but was realistic in that Championship football could be where the Cherries were going to be in 2020-21. The not knowing made writing quite stressful and yet exciting as we saw matches quickly running out in June and July. 

We know what happened now, but this book is a reminder that you can have on our shelf of Eddie Howe's last season as manager a AFC Bournemouth. There aren't any other publications out on AFC Bournemouth's 2019-20 season out to my knowledge so anyone who does purchase the book will be right up to date with the Cherries history.

This is the final book that I expect to be writing on the Cherries so I hope you all enjoy it. I certainly enjoyed writing it. You can buy the book on Amazon and it is printed and delivered to order - just click on this link to go to the book. You can also look inside the book and read a few pages for free.



No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: