Friday 26 October 2018

A top six finish for AFCB? - "Don't get above your station!"

Sponsored Article

I asked Ted MacDougall what he thought about Bournemouth prospects this season. Could they win a cup or could they stay in the top six? I prompted, hopeful of a confident reply. Ted took a second just to say," It's too much for them. I think, don't get above your station."
Ted tells AFCB fans not to get carried away with thr clubs strong start to the 2018/19 season.

Eek! Okay, I thought, we are not quite Man United or Liverpool yet. I can see that and I think most of the fans can see that it is unlikely AFCB can hang in there for a lengthy time in the top six of the Premier League. But I'd hoped Ted might have been a bit more hopeful of the Cherries getting to a cup final sometime soon. Where Bournemouth have to get it right is quite simple according to Ted, it's in the recruitment. AFCB have to have more successful players that can fit straight into the team when they have the funds to bring in new players. They continually have to be better than what is already at the club.


"I think, if there is improvement ever year and the standard of players improves which you can see, because we don't go after the Lewis Grabban's now, or the Max Gradel's now and I've nothing against them, they are good players. But the standards got better. You are looking at something different now," said Ted.



Advertisement
"If you keep doing that and adding that as you go, the you'll be successful. Especially if you are recruiting well. I mean I was really impressed when we got the Colombian boy - Lerma. Because he is something we didn't have," said Ted. "Nathan Aké as well, he's been a revelation, but it's only a matter of time before he'll go I assume. He won't go in January because they can't let him go then, but if they are going to get £40-50m, well! But then, what are you going to replace him with? I think they need three or four players."

If you would like to read more about Ted MacDougall's career and his amazing football tales make sure you pick up a copy of 'Ted MacDougoal!' , published by Pitch Publishing, with its new Reflections chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: