Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Zubar unavailable before January

Cherry Chimes has managed to get in contact with Stephane Zubar who has told me that he has undergone surgery on his knee. Zubar sustained an injury at the end of last season when he was out on loan at Bury. Since then he played in a few pre-season games and it was thought that his knee was not as bad as first thought. However, it appears that Stephane has had a setback and has had to gone under the knife.

Stephane says he will be back training by around January, if things work out okay. We wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery. Stephane has not had the best of times since he came to AFC Bournemouth. He dazzled and inspired everyone in his first few games and became a favourite with the crowd very quickly. I don't think he has actually played a first team game under Eddie Howe, but if he can get fit again I know that there are many fans that would love to see him back at Dean Court on the pitch. 

I was worried that Stephane's photo had not appeared in the MatchDay programme but perhaps we will see it again in the new year. As Stephane will need to recover and regain his fitness again it looks unlikely that he will be the subject for a move. Over the summer there had been rumours of Stephane going back to Bury in a permanent deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment