Monday 8 July 2013

Anderton to support Purchy testimonial

It was brilliant to hear this morning that Darren Anderton would play a part in Stephen Purches' testimonial game at the weekend. I did not see a lot of games when Darren was at the club as it was my period when I was at the other end of the country, but I am looking forward to see if he still has some of that guile and touch that made him a class player in his time.

We have had some fantastic wingers here at AFCB and Darren would have to fit into the top bracket even if he was heading towards the end of his career when he was at the Cherries. I am looking forward to see what the line ups will be like what with Steve Fletcher and Purchy also ready to take to the field for this game.

If West Ham do field a strong team then I expect AFCB will have to make many substitutions to keep up with the pace of their Premiership stars. It is a shame that Eddie Howe is not able to stretch his legs although Tindall possibly could still do a job on the pitch.

Any way, I am really looking forward to that game. What do you think about Darren coming back to play in this match? Will you be pleased to see him in Red&Black?

No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: